Saturday, May 12, 2012

Disney Fairy Tale Wedding: Jasmine

Week Five Wedding Dress: Jasmine
I apologize for being so late with the wedding posts...I've been meaning to post but I've just been busy like mad! So again, I apologize.

This week's Disney Fairy Tale Wedding by the incredible designer Alfred Angelo is Princess Jasmine from one of my favorite Disney movies of all time, Aladdin!

Collection One

Alfred Angelo's "Jasmine"

Designer Description: "This exotic gown pays tribute to Jasmine's adventurous and self-assured style. Featuring flowing, soft shimmer satin and a micro-ruched bodice, the bejeweled neckline and halter strap with encrusted pearls, rhinestones and crystal beading add a touch of wanderlust."

Style 202
My Opinion: I find this a quite simple wedding gown in comparison to the previous Disney wedding gowns designed by Alfred Angelo. I personally appreciate the lack of frilly ruffles (if I was to choose a gown for my own wedding) because sometimes too much frilly can be...just too much. I feel like this could also almost be pulled off as a prom dress of some sort, even though white usually creates a feel for a wedding dress.

Collection Two



Designer Description: "Layers of style capture Jasmine's adventurous and bohemian spirit. This multi-tiered soft shimmer organza gown floats in lovely layers and tiered ruffles and is topped with a dazzling jewel encrusted bodice – perfect for that magic carpet ride."


Style 215

My Opinion: This gown is gorgeous, and much more intricate and elaborate than the previous Jasmine dress. My favorite part is the bodice and silver in the breast area. I'm not too much of a fan of the ruffles, but it doesn't take away the fact that it's still a beautiful and breathtaking dress.

Disney Maiden Bridesmaid

Style 508

Flower Girl

Style 705

My favorite dress would have to be the first collection. What's yours?


Subscribe to The Disney Den for more Disney weddings, updates, and more!

Check us out on TumblrFacebook, and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment