Saturday, May 12, 2012

Patiently Waiting....

Gahhhh I'm starting to get so impatient for the Disney College Program registration to open up for the next Spring semester session. I want to know if I'm going for sure or not....because otherwise I'll be doing pretty much nothing important that semester since I'm currently at a junior college and I'll have all of my units necessary to transfer by then. I want to use that free semester at the Disney College Program in Florida. It's my ultimate goal and dream.

For those of you who don't know about the Disney College Program, it's a program where (if you're accepted) you work and take classes (if you choose) at either Disneyland in California or Disney World in Florida for a full semester. You have to be currently enrolled in college in order to apply.

My personal plan is to go to the one in Florida, mainly because I'm from California and I've been to Disneyland many times. I also like Florida more than LA. Anyway, I want to take the Marketing Seminar they offer as a class (since it's my major) and work in some sort of retail store or something like that. It seems like a pretty straightforward job. I also might have to take a managerial accounting class online from my school...which isn't going to be necessarily fun, but whatever. I either take it then, or when I transfer schools.

Blahhhh just thinking that I still have a full semester after this one before the program makes me frustrated. Last time I received the email notification for the registration was on September 7th, which is luckily before college applications and registration for the next semester's classes at my school, so I'll know whether or not I've been accepted into the program.

I plan on keeping everyone updated while in the program on this blog, and I'm debating on creating a Youtube channel as well to share my experience with my friends and with people that might have questions about the program (like many other college program alumni have done).

If they send out the invite on the same day as last year...I officially have 117 days left until I can apply.

I just might explode.

In the meantime, if you'd like to hear more updates on all things Disney, subscribe to The Disney Den now!

The Disney Den officially has a TwitterFacebook, and now Tumblr!! Check them out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment