Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Disney Tune Tuesday 1: Hercules

I've been meaning to post some of my favorite Disney songs, but I feel like having one blog with all of my favorites would be overwhelming! Instead, I am now starting a new series every Tuesday called "Disney Tune Tuesday!" I got the idea from JAYA, who has "Tuney Tuesday" every week. It's fun to see and listen to different songs each week that the author enjoys and wants to share!

Each week I will post one of my favorite Disney songs from Youtube, as well as the lyrics and possibly either an a capella cover or instrumental cover of the same song to give a little variation.

Today, I'd like to share with you the song that is ALWAYS in my head: "I Won't Say I'm In Love" from Hercules.

Original: 




Cover by Rae Sterling:



Lyrics:


If there's a prize for rotten judgmentI guess, I've already won thatNo man is worth the aggravationThat's ancient history, been there, done that

Who do you think you're kiddin'?He's the earth and heaven to youTry to keep it hidden

Honey, we can see right through youGirl, you can't conceal itWe know how you feel andWho you're thinking of?

No chance, no wayI won't say it, no, noYou swoon, you sighWhy deny it? Uh, oh

It's too clicheI won't say I'm in love

I thought my heart had learned its lessonIt feels so good when you start outMy head is screaming, get a grip, girlUnless you're dying to cry your heart out, oh

You keep on denyingWho you are and how you're feeling?Baby, we're not buyingHon, we saw you hit the ceiling

Face it like a grown upWhen you gonna own upThat you got, got, got it bad

No chance, now wayI won't say it, no, noGive up, give inCheck the grin you're in love

This scene won't playI won't say I'm in loveYou're doin' flips read our lipsYou're in love

You're way off baseI won't say itGet off my caseI won't say it

Girl, don't be proudIt's okay, you're in loveAt least out loudI won't say I'm in love
The older I get...the more I can relate to this song. It kind of haunts me...always in my head. I can't remember a day where I haven't had the urge to sing it. 
Do you have a Disney song like that?
Love Disney? Subscribe to The Disney Den right now for more!!

Check us out on TumblrFacebook, and Twitter!


1 comment: