Monday, December 3, 2012

Disney Challenge Day 20: Least Favorite Pixar

50 Day Disney Challenge
Day Twenty: Your Least Favorite Pixar Film


At first, I didn't mind Cars, I thought it was cute. However, I never thought it deserved a sequel, especially so soon after the first movie came out. It's taken about 11 years for another Monsters Inc. movie to be made, and nine years for a second Finding Nemo (two movies that I liked more than Cars). What's even more frustrating is the fact that Pixar hasn't even seriously considered a sequel to The Incredibles yet (from what we know of). But I have a confession...I haven't actually seen Cars 2. I'm kind of boycotting against that franchise because I think it's kind of overrated and starting to be overdone compared to some other movies that deserve more recognition. What bothers me is I've heard that the moral of the story from the original movie is almost completely abandoned, about how you should appreciate the little things in life and care more about others. They took that movie, and made it into a secret agent movie that has a message about using fossil fuels? Just seems a little out there for a Pixar movie.

What are your thoughts?

(Full 50 Day Challenge List)

Make sure to like and follow The Disney Den on TumblrFacebook, and Twitter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment